Habisss!! ^^~~

Alamak Boiii... Ape bende yg habis??

Asal ko happy semacam jer??

26 - 08 - 2009
2.41pm

This marks the end of my ABRSM GRADE 7 PRACTICAL EXAM!
(HOPEFULLY)


Wahahahaa~~ as stated, I've completed my grade 7 piano test today! I didn't feel as nervous
as my previous exams. I wonder why~ Could it be the amount of time and effort i put into practicing? (very unlikely =P ) Could it be some imba strong confidence that came to me out of no where? Or maybe.. Its my second time sitting for the same test =P yes, I FAILED the same exam last year x(




Thinking back, I've actually went a looooong way with the piano. I started learning at the
age of 9, which is relatively later than the 'recommended age'. As I can recall, I was very exited. Hearing my sisters play back then, I eventually followed their footsteps =D However, having learned for 10 years, I've only started loving it at the age of 17. Yeah, besides the first few years of learning this instrument, I never enjoyed playing music until 2 years ago. @@||


Why, u ask? It is because of my parents and piano teachers. All my instructors have
undeniably superb playing skills, nor do they lack the ability to teach. I aquired much relevant skills from them~ not to forget theories and laws of music. Then what could be the problem? Nevertheless, all of those were forced on to me. The passion I had for music wasn't cultivated. In my opinion, it would be easier if they taught me to enjoy music instead of having me play exam pieces in an emotionless and mechanical state.


Throughout those years, I was often FORCED asked by my parents to practice the piano.
Being obedient, I did as they say (sometimes) . At one point, they even scolded me for not practicing and made me play at least an hour a day, or else no PS2 for me T_T... Going through all those had resulted in me hating to play the piano.


It was 2 years back that I realised, I did not hate neither playing the piano nor the music I
played. It was HOW they made me learn which gave me the negative feelings towards the piano. Based on personal experience, I know I'm not the only one who went through this. Unfortunately, not many people went throught the same changes as I did. Some eventually gave up playing the piano and continued to think that its just not their thing. My story?

Long story short :
"THIS BOY WAS INSPIRED(2007)"


So for parents who want their son/daughter to grow up into a fine musician, do not try to glue
their fingers on to the piano or stuff a clarinet into their mouths! You don't want them to go through what I've went through. Its not like they won't learn anything that way, but they wouldn't go far without a strong passion for it!



P.S. : Im still grateful for what my parents did. Otherwise, I wouldn't have knew The Piano. xD


~KSAboy~
~Out~

9 Penyibuks:

Jean August 27, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

woo hoo! congratulations! well done! unlike me i stopped half way instead of going all way out to complete it.

i wan an organist. but that was 5 years ago that i've stopped at grade 8. the crucial start of a more complex lesson towards the highest grade of all-grade 1. the reason was that i'd lot of homework that year for i was gonna face UPSR. you know, i'm studying in a chinese school. if you don't know, tonnes of homework would be given exclusively when the major exam is just around the corner.

anyway, i can still play the organ but wouldn't be as professional as you of course. haha. now i long to play the guitar. haha.

congrats once again! pray for the best outcome! =)

ee jane August 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Sama macam cousin aku, dia tiap tiap hari pun ada 'timetable' dulu. And must practice piano everyday =P

Carson Heng August 27, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

@SJ
You went throught Yamaha lessons isit? I think their system starts with grade 8~ and it gets lower as you progress kan? xD Im not pro as well, I just enjoy playing songs I like ~~ =D

Owh owh!! I know Ben is really really good at the guitar! I learned how to play It too a few years ago, self taught ~ its fun!


@Ee Jane
LOL! does he/she like playing the piano then? =P

Ken Wooi August 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

sighs.. how i wish i can play the piano too.. =(

kenwooi.com

Jean August 28, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

hey it start with grade 9 la..underestimating me isit? haha. anyway b4 g9 we got to undergo and take the exams for lvl 14 then 13 then 12 then 11 then 10 then only grade 9..i started at the age of 6 then stop at 12..an exam per year..and yeah..i went through yamaha lessons. =)

Carson Heng August 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

@kenwooi
hahahaa~ its not too late to learn a few songs xD

@sj
lol! I never knew about that xP where got underestimateee~~ I know ur pretending to be noob-ishh, ur just humbleeee! xD

Anonymous August 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

you are FORCED to practice and i am FORCED to stop! =(

ee jane August 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Hmm...I'm not sure leh, that was 'dulu'. I don't know if its the same now or whether she likes it or not. But I don't think she hates it =P

wenn August 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

hi, u r right..passion comes on its own..

Post a Comment